Favorite Time of the Year

22 September 2009




It is official, fall has begun which means I couldn't be happier! The school year has been nigh on perfect thus far and the rest of the week is looking to follow suit quite well. I've already had two grades during this week (its only Tuesday) but I feel quite confident that I did well on both. In less than two full days I am taking my paleontology test. That one does require a bit more studying on my part but I have every intention of passing with flying colors.

Speaking of colors, the leaves are starting to change. One of the best things about living in the (Shenandoah) Valley is the view of the mountains (particularly in the fall). The landscape is covered in yellows, reds, and oranges and its just stunning. The leaves on most trees are still green but a few are just beginning to turn and I look forward to the colors in the coming month.

Autumn... what do you think of when you think of this season? I think of leaves, hay rides, corn mazes, apple cider, apples, pumpkins, jewel colors, warmth/coziness, crisp days, and serenity. Its a peaceful season yet there are still so many activities to be involved in - its perfect, exactly the balance I look for in all things.

Just last night I was with a study group in the library and headed into the Starbucks to get something to drink. A friend suggested the apple cider and I quickly agreed (mainly due to my love of apples and my dislike of all things coffee). It was absolutely delicious and warm; it also had some caramel and spice in it. Anything with apples is guaranteed to be good but with sugar too? Who doesn't want some warm apple pie? Mulled cider? I found a recipe I would like to try relatively soon: Apple and Almond Pastrys. Sounds really yummy to me!

Football season is here when you can cuddle under blankets while cheering for your school, hot cider and tea are welcome, sweaters are back in season, and nature is its most beautiful.

I'm very happy to have come around to this point again! Whats your favorite thing about fall?


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...