Skimping on the m&ms

30 November 2009

As a treat to myself for procrastinating I decided to go get a McFlurry from the local, friendly McDonalds. Sadly, after receiving aforementioned McFlurry, I was disappointed because there were so few M&Ms.



To be fair, a lot of the m&ms were somehow sunken at the bottom. I think life is like this quite often. We expect a certain outcome from our lives and along the way we don't see the color but sometimes the good stuff is just buried a little deeper.

Now that Thanksgiving break is over this seems more and more the case. I feel like my daily life is somewhat washed out. I'm happy with my lot in general but I can't wait for the next two weeks to be over and done with; I want to add some more color into my life! I'm ready to have some down time and live life the way I want to. Thats part of the reason why college is so brilliant - you have control, especially over the breaks from classes. How often in "real life" do you get a four week break from all your work? Practically never, unless you're clever like me and decide to go into teaching. hah! For now I can look at life and say, "I think I'm going to add a few more M&Ms". Thats the beauty of it even through all this work.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...