Vegetarian Chili

23 March 2010

Hello all! Sorry it's been a few days but I had some work piling up. All is good now though!

I made some vegetarian chili on Saturday afternoon for a pot luck dinner on Sunday. It was certainly good - but spicy! I love spicy food so this was a total win for me and will stay in my repertoire. Hope you enjoy it as well!

Ok, I'll admit it, I forgot to take a picture. I know, I know, sad face.


2 cups textured vegetable protein
1 cup chopped white onion
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
2 large tomatoes, chopped
1 8 oz can tomato sauce
1 15 oz can red kidney beans, undrained
1 1.25 oz packet chili seasoning
1 cup vegetable juice


Method
In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients, bring almost to a boil, then lower heat and simmer 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve hot.

Number of Servings: 4-6 (I'd say more than that though!)

I made small changes to the amounts of some ingredients (for example, I used only one tomato and maybe a tad more onion than they called for -because they're delicious).

Since we're back into some cooler whether this is definitely the time to try this dish out!

May you all have a wonderful evening. And, if not, go buy yourself some flowers - because that is a surefire way to brighten your day. (In an education class, a fellow student said that she buys herself flowers from the grocery store if she has an off day just to brighten it up and I thought it was a wonderful idea).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...