21

27 May 2010


Sorry for being absent over the past week!  I'll be doing multiple posts to catch up but the reason I've fallen behind if because my 21st birthday was this past weekend!

I'll give an overview of the weekend (as well as Monday & Tuesday) although I may devote a separate post to each.

I worked long days last week so that I could take off Thursday at noon to see Noah before the weekend.  On Friday morning my dad, sister, and I headed to Williamsburg, VA for our birthday gift.  We stayed at the Great Wolf Lodge which reminded me of Yellowstone National Park.  It's decorated wonderfully but best of all is that it has an indoor water park.  I love waterparks so that was a real treat for me!  I even went down this scary funnel ride where you raft goes nearly vertical!

We also went to Colonial Williamsburg and explored that afternoon and ate in an old-fashioned tavern.  The waiter "harassed" me and called me an old maid!  Hah.  If you're over 18 and not married then in "those times" you were considered an old maid.

On Saturday morning we went to a winery.  I wonder if they get many 21 year olds coming in.  Oh! Final conclusion of the day? Wine is disgusting.  At least, it is to me.  I'm glad I'll be able to cook with it but I don't think I'll be ordering it with dinner any time soon.

When we got back in town my sister and I picked up stuff for strawberry daiquiris and pina coladas.  We met some of our friends for a get-together for our birthday.  It was fun (for the most part...small aggravation that I'll tell you about in that post).

Sunday I was with Noah for most of the day and we saw my family, my second family, and watched the LOST finale.  Was anyone else disappointed with it?  I was really hoping they would resolve some points in the plot....

Monday I was fortunate after work to have my best friend come and stay with me.  He'll be living in the apartment with me next semester and I'm very excited.  I have such a great time with him when we're together and it was great to catch up just the two of us.

Then on Tuesday night Noah came to stay with me! Can we say "spoiled"?!  I was very lucky this past week indeed.

Hope your week has been going well!  Say hi!

2 comments:

Kimbirdy said...

happy happy birthday! glad you had such a great time! and there are so many different types of wine that all taste completely different. i hate most of them too, but there are a couple... oh my they are good! :) happy weekend!

Linda said...

Happy Birthday! Your weekend sounds like a great way to celebrate. (Tip: try champagne (a very dry, biscuit-y variety) if you don't like wine!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...