Mothers Day

09 May 2010


Mothers Day has proven difficult over the past two years.  Above is a picture of my mom in 2007, almost exactly a year before she passed away.  My mom and dad were at my high school band banquet in this picture.  My boyfriend's parents gave me this photo and I really like it because of their genuine smiles and because it reminds me of how involved my mom was.

My mom was my youth group leader, girl scout leader, involved in bands, drove me to get dinner after tennis practice and then would come back to pick me up later (on those same tennis days) to take me home from our musical rehearsals.  I feel like people say it all the time, probably because moms are generally so good at it, but she was the kindest person I have met in my entire life.

I was very lucky to have her and I only wish I could have her with me today.  I hope you've all shown your moms how much you care about them today.  They do so much for us and sometimes we don't understand just how much until it's too late.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...