Rally to Restore Sanity

20 October 2010

I mentioned in my last post that Noah & I would likely be attending a rally in DC in two weeks.  Linda (from Occasional Scotland) mentioned to me that she hadn't heard of a rally and googled it. I must admit that this was a big oversight for me!

For those of you who do not live in America (or those of you who don't keep up with politics all the time) Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert are hosting a rally in DC on the 30th of October.  If you're attending Stewart's it's called a Rally to Restore Sanity. If you're going to Colbert's it's a March to Keep Fear Alive.  

It's actually all one rally but as they have different political humor shows (with different feels) they called them different things but it's actually all one big rally.

Below is a clip of Colbert's commentary on recent religious decisions. Usually the shows are political based but when big news comes in (or humorous, such as the Catholic Church pushing the Blues Brothers as a Catholic movie) they comment on it.  Last nights was really funny too picking on Christine O'Donnell and also American jobs being taken away from American citizens (by goats!).

Colbert and Stewart help to educate the public about current politics in a humorous way and we're really looking forward to seeing them in DC.

The Colbert ReportMon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
Yahweh or No Way - The Blues Brothers & Glenn Beck
www.colbertnation.com
Colbert Report Full Episodes2010 ElectionMarch to Keep Fear Alive

1 comment:

Dawn said...

What fun!!!
OH if you go I cannot wait to hear how it goes!! Please put out pictures and tell us...I have never been to one before but I think it would be quite an experience...especially with Stephen Colbert:)))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...