We're Engaged!

21 November 2010


Noah proposed last night! Of course, I said "yes!".  He popped the question on the Kissing Rock which on our campus is legendary. (When it used to be an all girls college the boyfriends would drop them off and give them a goodnight kiss behind the Kissing Rock so the teachers wouldn't see. Now it's said that if you kiss on the Kissing Rock you'll get married to that person.) 

He suggested we take a walk on campus and take some pictures.... we often take pictures on campus just for the fun of it so that wasn't too out of the ordinary.  We stopped at the special landmarks such as the Centennial Fountain, Wilson steps, and James Madison statue.  Then we ended up at the Kissing Rock. We talked for a bit while the sun was setting and were waiting a little for some people nearby to leave. Then he got serious though - by serious I mean down on one knee - and my sister actually came up behind us and started taking pictures! I haven't seen the shots yet but she took pictures during the proposal. How sweet! 

Between the proposal, dinner reservations, and Harry Potter (yes, that's right) last night I was calling family and friends and telling them the news. It was a wonderful evening and I'm so happy!





When I get a copy of my sister's photos I'll put them up and I'll tell you more about my Science Teacher Conference this weekend too. Hope you've had a marvelous weekend as well!

7 comments:

Eva Gallant said...

What a sweet-looking couple! Congratulations! Thanks for visiting my blog. Glad you liked my Saturday Silliness!

bethany said...

Oh my goodness!! What an exciting weekend for you, girl! You two look so happy together...and that ring looks pretty happy on your little finger, too :)

Can't wait to hear/see more! :)

Dawn said...

WOOT WOOT WOOT!!!
Congratulations you 2! So very happy for you both...perfect couple:)))))
Can't wait to follow your new journey:)))

Anonymous said...

Allison - I am SOOOOO happy for you and Noah. When Ben told me at church yesterday, I could not stop smiling!
KNGeho

Erin said...

Yay! That is such wonderful, super-exciting news! Congratulations, Alli!

Linda said...

Congratulations! All good wishes for your future together.

Joelle :: Something Charming said...

I know this is coming a little late, but congratulations! I love that he proposed somewhere so meaningful :) xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...