Bigs & Littles

01 December 2010


I know I've mentioned Circle K on here before but I'll let you in on a secret.... I was skeptical of one of our "recruitment techniques" this semester. For the first time ever we decided to start a Bigs and Littles program.

I did not like the idea of our club being in any way related to a sorority or fraternity. Yes, I know that greek organizations can do a lot of good, but the fact of the matter is that at my university they're mostly known for their parties. Sure, they do community service but only to get school money to pay.... for alcohol.  At least, that's their rep.  We do have a few awesome Greek Orgs that do as they should and honestly help the community though to be fair.

Anyways, as an officer I was obligated to become a Big and I didn't like the idea.  We were basing our Big/Little pickings off of a one page survey. I was skeptical.

Turns out, I was wrong. I love both of my Littles and I can't believe how much I have in common with each of them. They're incredibly kind and helpful (as any one in Circle K is) and I'm so glad that this program is helping me to talk to more members in our club and truly get to know them.

They're each awesome young ladies and I hope they decide to stay with Circle K throughout their college career and volunteer in the community for years to come.

Moral of the story: Don't stick to assumptions.  Things can turn out amazing if you just give them the chance.

PS - Giveaway at Jill of All Trades.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...