Dance Like Nobody's Watching! {Literally}

20 January 2011


Tonight I went to The Groove which is a basic choreography class with a friend. I'm so glad she invited me! Although my body has been just plain aching all day long it was still worth it. 

The first thing our instructor told us was that there was no "wrong" way to do this. Each song would have two basic moves that we would be doing. The moves were easy but after you did different moves for an hour you realized that you actually had a workout! There were different knee lifts, pumping, drum beats, and sensuous walks. At different points we were told to close our eyes, stand in place, and dance like we would in our living room when there was no one to watch us. It was a great way to work out, laugh, and have fun. I think it was a great exercise for body and spirit. 

If there's any chance that there is something like this in your area, I highly suggest you jump on board - you won't regret it! 

What's the most fun you've had in a workout?

4 comments:

Ashley said...

my most fav workout is ZUMBA. hahaha lovvve it!!!! ps: youll like my current giveaway ")

Ashley said...

That sounds like fun! And Zumba seems fun too. I worked out today by dancing with my baby in my arms... if you hold him away from the body, the 16lb "weight" gets pretty heavy. ;)
Glad you had a good time!!!

Krysten @ After 'I Do' said...

That sounds like so much fun, I want to try it!

Kimbirdy said...

the most fun i've had in a workout was definitely dancing. i used to teach swing dancing and we would go several times a week. on the weekends we would dance the night away! it was such a crazy workout and i can't believe i had such stamina back then. i definitely need to start going again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...