Good Day!

26 January 2011


Well, everyone here was sort of crossing their fingers for a snow day last night and it just sort of flopped. It's gray, wet, and cold looking outside but we're all heading to class anyways. You know what? I'm sort of ok with this.

I don't know why some days it's easy to be in a good mood and others you feel like hiding under the covers but this morning was a good one. I even had to get up and do work and I still am feeling good about it (technically I should be looking up Early Cambrian beds in Rodinia but.....). 

Of course it helps that on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday my first class is at 10:10am. Just woke up at 7am, made myself some coffee, and got to work. No problem! I guess for me snow days are more of a bad thing than a good thing. If I have labs cancelled I just have to make them up on the weekends - no thanks! Or, God forbid it snows on a weekend because that means a field trip will be rescheduled for another weekend which means I'll likely have one on Saturday and another one on Sunday. No one wants that right? 

If you'll do me a favor, just keep wishing warm thoughts this way! I know some of you out in CA have 70 degree weather, and well, I'm a little jealous! 

Do you like snow days or would you rather get right into work and go about your day?

PS - Isn't that little pup just too cute? I can't wait til I have one someday.

2 comments:

Cheri Pryor said...

I live in Northern California. I don't like snow....ever....except to sit in a lodge and drink hot chocolate and look at it from the inside. lol!

AbbieBabble said...

I have to say, I was dreading the winter this year, but now that it's here, I kind of like it. Either way, I'll send warm vibes your way, not that we have any warm vibes up here in New England!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...