Honesty Hurts.... So Does My Body

19 January 2011

Time to be honest blogosphere: kick boxing totally kicked my butt. I mean, WOW. 


I feel pretty darn exhausted. My body just is not prepared to jump and squat four times a second! Ok, well maybe it just felt like four times a second. It was CRAZY. I mean there were punches, squats, jumps, jumping jacks, fast feet, and all at double time. I think I've loathed the words double time since tai bao in middle school.

This tells me that I'm honestly not in good enough shape to jump into an "intermediate to challenging choreography" class. That's ok.  

I'm proud of myself for trying something new but I just need to work out a little more to get into shape. I'm signed up now for a Latin Dance class tomorrow. We'll see whether or not my body is protesting me then.... I'm very fortunate to have friends who support me and keep encouraging me. I'm not sure I'd be able to keep up all this exercise without them! Thanks to my girl Kara for asking me to go. :)

Have you ever done something that started off too challenging but you worked your way up? Is it hard for you to admit to yourself that you're not quite ready the way it is for me?

3 comments:

Abby said...

It's always been hard for me. I'd like to think of myself as good at writing, but sometimes i just realize that I really do have a long way to go.

I started off really challenged more than a year ago when I started the little job that I have. I had to write press releases without ever writing one before... now I can write a pretty passable one.

Jordanna said...

Wow, way to go Alli!! Kickboxing is SUPER hard! And I've actually never done it... just watched, and THAT makes me tired :). Proud of you for getting your exercise on! You're inspiring me to do something... or at least think about doing something! :)

Jenni Austria Germany said...

ah! i donno if i am brave enough for a kickboxing class:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...