Adventures Await

21 February 2011


My soul is yearning for warm weather and long, sunny days. I'm ready to get outdoors and start living again. Beyond waking up at 6:40am on a Saturday I'm actually starting to enjoy these geology field trips on the weekends because it means I'm getting outdoors so much more. 

Lately I've been craving some hikes in our local National Park, camping, a canoe trip, and views of my world from the top of a mountain (see picture below). 

{It's even more beautiful in summer & fall - Blue Ridge Mountains}

{From our field trip on Sunday.}


This last picture is actually on my list of hikes that I need to do! It's about half an hour up to Shenandoah National Park from here and another half an hour south on the Blue Ridge Parkway. I'd love to go! 

Spring is just around the corner which means the wild and wonderful outdoor world will open up to us once again. Adventures are only a hike away and I'm counting down to the warm days. You may notice that several of my 101 in 1001 goals are related to the outdoors (camping, canoeing, horseback riding) and I'm ready to make adventures for myself.

All to often I find that I'm looking at other people and saying "I can't believe they've done that!" or "They've been there??".  It's time for me to stop daydreaming about other lives and start creating my own. My favorite quote is "Live the life you love, love the life you live".  Well, I'm ready to start living and creating that life! Join me won't you?

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Oh I KNOW what you mean! I cannot wait to live through this next summer. I want to use up every moment and fill it:)
(Hiking is my favorite:))

Tiq said...

Hi, found your blog from Kim.

Oh yeah..true that "live the life you love, love the life you live". I love that too, You can see my header with that quote. Hehe

Way to go with that 101 in 1001 goals! Can't wait for more exciting posts!

Eva @ Four Leaf Clover said...

That's one of my favorite quotes, too! I HAD spring, but then it snowed on my parade, ha! You've made me start wishing for camping again, ha!

Haley K said...

Oh fantastic photos! I've heard that the Blue Ridge Mountains are phenomenal :) This post gets me excited for spring & summer...yay for walks, hikes on beautiful trails, and hopefully some good camping! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...