Stylish Blogger Award

22 February 2011




Cafe Chick nominated me for a Stylish Blogger Award and I'm flattered!  I love reading her blog. She inspired my 101 in 1001 and my favorite posts of hers are when she talks about her ukulele


Now, there are some requirements once you receive this award: 

  1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.
  2. Share 7 things about yourself.
  3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers.
  4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award.
So, on with it! 
  1. I'm engaged, but you probably knew that.
  2. I have an addiction to all things pizza and mashed potatoes. Pizza is a standard of any college student so that's probably no surprise but I've loved mashed potatoes since before I can remember. I've been through stages - just salt & pepper on top, mix in peas with the mashed potatoes, and now I'm on my weirdest stage yet - I mix honey in them. I'm sure that sounds weird but I'm telling you, it's delicious!
  3. When I teach, I hope to keep up with technology and my students. Even now, I have professors who flat out refuse to use powerpoints and insist on writing on chalkboards. It's nearly impossible to see when you're in the back of a 40 person classroom. I want to use blogs, websites, powerpoints, ipads, whatever will help my students learn and get engaged!
  4. I read the same books over and over again. I do get new novels in but I get very attached to characters and love to read their stories. This is also why I nearly always read series instead of individual novels - for me that's not enough time for a character to develop.
  5. Proposal stories never fail to make me smile and feel fuzzy inside. I thought this was perhaps only a side effect of wanting to move forward with Noah but nope! I'm still loving them. Do you have a proposal story you'd like to share?
  6. Chocolate chip cookies are a weakness. Salty rarely gets me but if you send me something sweet in the mail I'll be your friend forever!
  7. I love the blogging community. Some days I look at those big blogs and think - man they have a lot of followers! Then I instantly wonder how they get to know any of them! I love you all and appreciate your supportive comments and your wonderful blogs as well. I think you're amazing.
{Image from here. I feel like this would be us if possible!}


Alright, now for the fun part! Although, I'm going to bend the rules a little. Not all of these 15 are newly found blogs but they're certainly some of my favorites!
  1. Rinse and Repeat. Bethany is so cute and sweet! I love everything about her blog and her stories. She does some of the cutest DIY projects and has a real sweet man who's abroad right now.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, her sense of style is amazing!  She has an eye for crafts and decorating that I'll never have and I think her blogs is one of the sweetest I've ever seen. Stop by and show her some love!
  2. Fill Your Well. Kim is awesome. Spunky, adorable, spirited, whimsical.... What words are fitting? Kim's was one of the first blogs I found actually and she inspires me every day. Some days I fantasize about moving to California and meeting her (she'd be looking precious and playing ukulele) and hanging with Dannon, the mister!
  3. Pugh's News. Erin caught my attention with her trip to Britain. Every Friday morning I'm right there with her daydreaming and she is always so supportive!  I love reading her blog every day and she is so positive.
  4. Chronicles of a Country Girl. I'm not sure if Kate's was the very first blog I found, but it was close. I fell in love with her honesty, her country lifestyle (which reminded me of growing up in the backwoods), and her photography. I decided to buy a Nikon instead of a Canon simply because she had one and I loved her photos that much. I feel at peace every time I read her blog. 
  5. After I Do. Krysten is a fun gal and I love checking up on her posts. The title of her blog is what first caught my eye (that whole proposal thing again, I hadn't really thought about a perspective after marriage). We have a similar taste in books and I love reading her reviews! She always is honest in her posts and I love that.
  6. Everyday Musings. If you haven't stopped by Olivia-Rae's blog before, I highly recommend you check her out. She lives in Charleston, NC and she shows the city in it's absolute best light. More than once I've suggested to Noah that we move down to that charming Southern city simply based on the whimsical nature of Olivia's blog. This girl can bake, look cute, and take some amazing photos! 
  7. Life is Sweet. Haley and I are somewhat recent blog friends and I'm so glad we are now! This young lady is so sweet and charming. Her little man, Brooks, is precious and you can tell how much she loves her family in every post. She has some great photos too and her posts always make me smile.
  8. Occasional Scotland. Well, if you know me, you'll know that Linda's blog first pulled me in because she lives in the United Kingdom.  Let me tell you, she delivers! I love looking at her photos of Edinburgh, Scotland and I pretend to live right there with her. She gives insight to Scotland along with some great pictures. Once, I won a giveaway on her blog in which I received a book about a kitten traveling around Edinburgh. So cute!
  9. Puzzle Pieces. Dawn inspires me with her photos and lovely quotations. Her honesty is much appreciated and I find I can often relate to what she is saying. I always leave her blog think a little harder about what I want and the gifts I already have.
  10. Red Boots. This gal does some great series on her blog such as "Make Me Smile January" or "Project 365". Guess what? She lives in Edinburgh too! Her photos are so British I get all giggly over here just looking at them. 
  11. The Shine Project. Ashley is a pro blogger! She has exponentially jumped followers in this past month (way to go Ashley!). Her motto is "Let the world see you shine!". You may recognize this from my current Shine Necklace giveaway. Ashley sets her mind to something and does it and every week she sets a challenge to help better yourself and help the world. She is one cute gal!
  12. The Tales of Two Taylors. Ashley and her husband Josh, with their little baby Joel are so sweet. She blogs about activities they all do together and it inspires me. She is such a sweet mom and I hope one day I can be the exact same way! I am in love with this family and if you stop by her blog I'm sure you will be too.
  13. Yes and Yes. Sarah Von says yes is more fun than no and I sure am inclined to agree with her! Currently she is traveling the globe and I'm glad she is sharing her experience with us all. She raises money for wonderful causes and meets amazing people. Her blog is about living the life that makes you happy and I think that concept is beautiful and that Sarah does a most wonderful job. 
  14. She Waits for Whispers. Tillie is very adventurous and is just herself. I admire her and her ability to go out and experience life and recognize the beauty in people. She is honest about her feelings and I always leave her blog feeling like I can relate to her and still dream a little bit about her New Zealand life. 
  15. Moments. Jordanna is a sweet gal and I enjoy reading her blog posts. Her photos are personal and fun and I can picture the joy that she feels as she lives life. She tends to find the positive in her days which is what I try to do here. 
So here's to the whole of the blogging community. You're all amazing! 


PS - Check out my giveaway!

12 comments:

Dawn said...

Well thanks Alli!
Good to learn more about you....you deserve this award and a lot more. Love the reasons you give to smile:))))))))

Country Girl said...

Oh, my gosh. Those other blogs are beautiful, as is yours. Thank you, Alli. I think the name of your blog is great.

You seriously bought a Nikon because I had one? Wow.

Erin {pughs' news} said...

Wow, I'm flattered! Thanks, Alli. It might take me a while to get to this (report cards and all that!) but I promise I will.

Leah said...

Wow, those are all great blogs! So happy to have found them through yours! : )

Krysten @ After 'I Do' said...

Aw thanks so much lady!

Linda said...

My goodness Alli, I'm very flattered. I have to tell you that I'm absolutely hopeless about awards. I always have good intentions about doing the follow up and passing on and then it all just escapes me.
I love coming to your blog and reading about university life in the States. Some aspects so different from here, some just the same.

Red Boots said...

Thanks so much for this Alli! So so sweet of you! I adore your blog too :) x

Tillie said...

Thank you darling girl! You are the sweetest ever. And when I get a moment... HOpefully tomorrow I shall write all about it, ive been neglecting my little space for a while. BOO! Not a good blogger here at the moment, so much has been going on!! And I want to take some time to check out the other lovely ladies that you nominated! Looks like some fun and neat blogs! OOh YAY!

Jordanna said...

Oh Alli, thank you!! How sweet!! I love getting to know you too :) You always are so encouraging and remind me to treasure the moments and find reasons to smile!

Haley K said...

You are so, so sweet Alli! Thank you for thinking of me & my blog! Hugs to you!

Amen to chocolate chip cookies, pizza, & mashed potatoes! yumm-o :) And I SO respect that you plan to keep up with your students and work to help them learn & be successful...I can tell you're going to be a fantastic teacher :)

bethany said...

You are the sweetest! I promise you that although I may be a touch crafty I'm far from Martha Stewart. Anything I make has to be finished in under 2 hours...I have absolutely no patience for long term projects!

I'm so behind in my reading, so pardon my late response...but thank you so, so much! :) And FYI...you're so deserving of the award you received!

Ashley said...

For some reason I just saw this. Thank you very much for what you said! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...