Wedding Wednesday: Invitation Ideas

23 February 2011

I loved this idea from Jenni's blog. Her friend is getting married and for save-the-dates her and her fiance sent out hand-picked vintage post cards to everyone with sweet little stamps on the back!


There's another idea that's super cute and it's taking photobooth images of you and your man holding up the words "Save the Date" and the date of your wedding. I'm a sucker for all things photo related and I love polaroids and photostrips!


There is also a sweet little idea of using tickets to proclaim that your guests should save the date. I think this is a pretty cute way of letting them know that a wedding is coming too!


More ideas can be found on TheKnot website as well as some Q&A about Save the Dates. 

How did you send out Save the Dates and what is the cutest idea you've seen?


PS - Last day for the giveaway!

4 comments:

Kimbirdy said...

i definitely love the postcards. i love the ticket ideas too. i've seen the photo strips done so much that i'm over them now. we did not do save the dates, but we did send postcard invites which we hand drew. we made one set for the guests we were inviting, and a different set for the people we were just sending announcements to. of course it was easier for us since we had a small wedding. each of our guests already knew about our wedding in person, so save the dates weren't all that necessary.

Ashley said...

The post cards are cute! We didn't send save the dates because our wedding was 4 months after our engagement and we sent the invites out 10 weeks in advance. They were hand made though! All this DIY, vintage type wedding ideas came in like RIGHT after my wedding and I wish I could redo it that way. Oh well!

Dawn said...

So very cute. Wish I could do mine all over again....I shudder when I think of what we sent out and the colors! Jeesh....maybe I should have a re-wedding;)

Haley K said...

LOVE all three!! but the postcards are my favorite :) A stamp with you & your sweetheart???...too sweet :) I would have done that in a heart beat if had known!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...