Reasons to Smile

21 March 2011

Hello lovelies! How was your weekend?

My weekend was relaxing overall which was lovely. This morning I woke up at 7:30 after dreaming about missing registration for my graduate school classes. Probably a good thing I did wake up because my registration was at 8am and my alarm was set for 9am. Sometimes, things just work out!

After finishing my course registration I made some coffee and was catching up on blog reading when I decided to add Circle K events to my icalendar after our board meeting last night. As I began adding dates I looked at todays little square in the montage of dates and realized I had recorded "No 377 Class" for today. What? Our professor only mentioned it once, but my trusty computer saved me again! 

So, now I sit, making lists of what needs to be accomplished today. You know what the first item to check off is? Make a list of reasons to smile.

And here they are!
  • Plentiful time to get ahead on work with my classes canceled.
  • A great new board is taking over the volunteer organization this month, they'll be amazing!
  • The weather is getting warmer almost every day.
  • I graduate in just over a month!
  • Enjoyed some delicious carrot cake AND made it to the gym

What are your reasons to smile today?

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Cake and gym sounds like the best of combos to me! Glad you got everything done!

Dawn said...

Glad you woke up in time;))

Hmmm...reasons to smile today?
Hmmmmmmmm....well...guess I could smile because I haven't put my x-country skis away yet. And we just got a foot more of snow. And it's still snowing....
blah. I'm trying....
;)

Kimbirdy said...

such beautiful reasons to smile! you're almost done with undergrad - woohoo!! and i think you should definitely do a post on focusing on the positives. how great would it be if we all did that from time to time?! it's going so well, that i think i'm going to keep it a periodic "good deeds" posting. we can always use a reminder for positive thinking right?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...