Sunday 101

13 March 2011

Hello Friends. 


This week for my 101 in 1001 I have been working to complete some reading goals. I'm actually finished up with my two books a month for March and have already moved on into April territory! 

#9 - Read 2 books a month. Complete for March!

#16 - Eat at least one new food (or at a new place) each week. This week I had a cake pop which was delicious. Can you believe I've never had one before? I mean, I've had cake before but I've always wanted to try it on a stick - so guess what? I'm counting it. 

#34 - Build up a fashion style. Still in the works.... For the first time in my life I find myself willing to put in a little more effort. This past week I made a purchase in the shirt department (see above photo) and it's floral and springy and so much fun to wear. On schedule for today? Dying my hair.  Whenever I dye my hair I do it myself. I have a thing for red hair apparently and for the first time I'm going to try an ashy brown (no red at all!). We'll see how that works with my pale skin and blue eyes.

#36 - Ask 10 friends what their favorite book is and then read those books. I've started asking, not reading yet.  This will be a daunting task to include with the 2 books a month goal!

#42 - Lose 10 pounds. I hardly ever weigh myself (the only scale is at the gym and I feel a little shy sometimes about weighing myself there). However, with my "wisdom tooth diet" this week, this is probably in progress. Plus when I went shopping yesterday I only bought ONE item that was unhealthy (a doughnut for breakfast this morning). Hello good and healthy food. To fellow vegetarians out there - try the veggie pot pies - SO GOOD!


#44 - Eat a fruit a day. Alright, this is still a huge weakness for me. I'm writing about it this week mostly to remind myself that I need to do better at it. I did buy strawberries yesterday and they are delicious! Hopefully now that I'm getting weekends off from field trips I'll be able to pick up some fresh fruits at the farm market.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

I have never had a cake pop- never even heard of them before you filled me in;)
You have quite the list of goals...I can hardly get my laundry folded;) Want to read a book for me too (seeing as you're caught up for the month?)

Love that last picture....
Have a wonderful new week!!!!
hugs

Erin {pughs' news} said...

Excellent goals, Alli. I'm working on eating more fruit too. I get loads of veggies, but the fruit is trickier, esp in the winter. I bought strawberries yesterday and they were fabulous, and I think I'll pick up a pineapple next time I'm out. I also like to sprinkle cinnamon on Granny Smith apples for a healthy snack.

Oh, and I've got a good book for you- The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. It is really lovely.

Miss Michael said...

Love the new page design!

Kimbirdy said...

you're doing so great with your goals! and i LOVE amy's veggie pot pies. so delicious, healthy, and a whole meal in itself.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...