Eggplant Parmesan & Chana Masala

14 April 2011


Last night I met with a girlfriend and we cooked up a few dishes. I made a breaded eggplant (eggplant parmesan without the pasta/sauce) and she made chana masala. I let Noah try a few pieces of the eggplant before I walked over to her apartment and he was a fan, he loves his eggplant parm!


My friend liked them too. I have one suggestion for this recipe (and it's a personal opinion) and that's to do your best to get a fresh eggplant. I tend to not like the texture when I get a bunch of the seeds together and that means the fresher the better (before the seeds turn brown). 

The flavor was really good though and they were perfect tenderness. This is the recipe I followed! Very vegetarian friendly!


My friend made chana masala and it was tasty! I brought an Indian chickpea dish to the table last week and she thought that was exotic. She had made a spinach pie and I thought that was amazing! Sometimes you're so used to your cooking that everything you don't make just tastes over-the-top amazing. 

The eggplant recipe was really easy and took about half an hour to make. Not too many ingredients were needed either! 

Hope you get a chance to try it - maybe with some marinara sauce on the side?

2 comments:

Krysten @ After 'I Do' said...

Yum, you're making my tummy growl!

The Many Colours of Happiness said...

Great recipe! I love how you post such great vegetarian recipes, they're really handy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...