Morning at the Market

16 April 2011


Breads fresh from the market. I picked up some rolls (the bottom shelf) to eat with garlic hummus. After my dinner with a friend on Wednesday, she gifted the hummus to me knowing I love all things garlic. It's from the Market too!


These flowers are gorgeous! If I had a yard (or a window planter) I'd be all over them!


It's raining here today so some of the vendors were getting a bit wet but there was still a fantastic turnout.  I love being able to support my community and every one is incredibly happy here. While I don't want to live here after college, there are a lot of good people. 


This is the same vendor that I got my sweet potatoes from to make that d-e-l-i-c-i-o-u-s sweet potato casserole last week. 


You know what this means? A giveaway is coming up soon! Check back on Monday for more details.

PS - Sorry for the poor quality pics. I had my DSLR with me but when I tried to take pictures it said the memory card had an error. I'm on it though!

5 comments:

Erin {pughs' news} said...

Love, love, love these photos! Am so ready for the farmers' markets to open up. I can't wait to buy fresh breads and jams and fruits and veg on a sunny morning!

Mmmm, hummus. I love it.

Cheryl said...

Goal for this spring/summer...
weekly farmers' markets!!!
Thanks for the photos

Jenn W said...

i got the BEST strawberry jam at the farmers market in hburg when i went..SO good!!
i need to start going more here in roanoke...they are gonna start taking debit cards soon so maybe that will get me out there more...

Ashley said...

Mmm hummus! We just bought a big jar of it today along with some pita chips. I can hardly wait to make it my afternoon snack tomorrow! Finally you've blogged about food I can eat soon! ;) You always make me so, so hungry!

Chelsea Elizabeth. said...

Love all of these photos. Everything seems so "springy". That bread looks super yummy!

<3Chelsea Elizabeth
http://www.organizedxxmess.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...