Sunday 101

24 April 2011

Catching up on my weekly progress on my 101 goals!

{sunrise}

23. Read a biography. I'm currently reading Tina Fey's Bossypants and I'm loving it. I think I might put it under the category memoir but I'm definitely counting it for this goal because the idea behind it was to read about someone's life (and get out of just the fiction/fantasy genre). If you enjoy Tina Fey like I do, this is a good book to look into.

49. Discover more outdoor locations that are beautiful. Well, maybe I should have said underground. I went through a local cavern this weekend (we actually have a lot of karst in this area!) and it was wonderful. There's one more in the area that I really should knock out before I leave the town. If you haven't been in a cave, try to get to one - it's a really neat experience.

70. Keep in touch with people from home. This week it was easy. Beyond a video and emails I was able to visit family for Easter. While I'm not close with my family I feel better when I do my familiar duty by actually visiting everyone. Plus it can be a little fun around the holidays.

71. Only use a reusable mug when getting coffee. I didn't use a cup or paper mug this week at all because I was diligent about bringing my water bottle and a coffee mug from home. Does wonders. Small efforts can make a difference and I encourage you to look for ways to be 'green'.


I wasn't very conscious of my goals this week so I'll have to make more of an effort with them but at least some things got accomplished. I'll be impressed if anything gets done this week because it's the week before finals (which tends to be worse than finals week for me). 

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I have heard nothing but good things about Tina Fey's new book! I unfortunately will have to wait until it's my turn from the library, but I can't wait! :)

Great goal with the coffee mug--so simple and yet no one does it! Keep it up, Alli!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...