Last Week of Summer

22 August 2011

{Balloon Flowers}

Hello again. We're more than halfway through August now and that means graduate school starts up in one week! I'm quite ready. I've had the good fortune to be able to relax once my summer classes ended but I am more than willing to jump back into my activity-laden school year.

I'd also like to make some sangria before school to mark another goal off my list! I was thinking I'd be going with that linked 'recipe' but if you have a certain one that you like link it to me here or on Twitter. I'm all ears!

As school starts up again, remember that education is important... maybe more so than your wife being eaten. 

The Purist by Ogden Nash
 
I give you now Professor Twist,
A conscientious scientist,
Trustees exclaimed, "He never bungles!"
And sent him off to distant jungles.
Camped on a tropic riverside,
One day he missed his loving bride.
She had, the guide informed him later,
Been eaten by an alligator.
Professor Twist could not but smile.
"You mean," he said, "a crocodile."


3 comments:

kimbirdy said...

i love sangria! here's the recipe we used for our wedding sangria {which we served when our guests first arrived. they sat on picnic blankets in the sunshine during our ceremony, so we provided cute fans and summer drinks to enjoy while we tied the knot}:

White Zinfandel Sangria

Bottle recipe: (makes just under 4 cups)
1 bottle white zinfandel
3/4 C lemonade
fruit
2 1/2 Tbsp. cinnamon sugar liquid

4:1 ratio wine to lemonade. Add peaches, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, grapes and steep overnight. Make 1/2-strength simple syrup (2 C water to 1 C sugar), and steep 1 cinnamon stick in it for half an hour. Add 2 tsp. of this per cup of sangria.

Erin {pughs' news} said...

Ha!

And thanks to Kim for that recipe, which I'm pretty sure I HAVE TO try!

Enjoy your last week before the madness of grad school begins. I have two weeks until I go back to work and our busy, busy schedule gets crazy once more. Oh my, I've enjoyed the downtime this summer...

Bibi said...

ohhhhh, I may have to try some Sangria this weekend :) thanks for sharing and good luck this semester!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...