Simple Peach and Plum Cobbler

02 August 2011


While at the beach last week my friend and I picked up some plums and peaches so I could make fruit bruschetta. However, we accidentally picked up garlic baguette bread so that was out. Instead, my friend Maria used the fruit to make a simple cobbler.

Directions:
She sliced the fruit and marinated it in white wine overnight to soak that flavor. The next day she mixed oats, brown sugar, a little butter, and just a pinch of salt together to make the topping and laid it over the fruit slices. Then she popped it in the oven at about 350 for 30 minutes. 

It's that simple and quite good. The fruit still has it's slightly sour tang but you can get a little brown sugar oats on top and it's just delicious. 

2 comments:

Erin {pughs' news} said...

The perfect post to go with mine today! I'm definitely making a peach cobbler!

Ashley said...

Yummy!!! What kind of white wine did y'all use? A sweet one? I cut a peach for Joel today and he loved it, so I'd love to make a cobbler... although I should probably put wine in his and mine! Lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...