Education Abroad

05 December 2011

If you've been reading for a while you may know that I have a thing for the United Kingdom and that I've always wanted to move there. Well, this semester I've been looking up a lot of information about teaching overseas. It is my dream to live abroad and while I may want to go permanently I am willing to work with Noah on the details. I'm interested in talking to people who have already taken this step. I was lucky this past semester in that the teacher I worked with this semester in a high school classroom has a sister-in-law who is living in England right now teaching abroad at an American school overseas. I'm always on the lookout for information.

This is where you come in.

Do you know anyone who has moved overseas to work in the field of education? Have you done it yourself?

At this point, I'm just looking for experience abroad. I'd like to be somewhere in Europe but I don't know if I'm limiting myself to the UK right now. That is certainly my long term goal and if I can start off there that's great but if not then Europe is a step in the right direction.

Just for nostalgia's sake, here are some photos from my beloved trip to the United Kingdom.










3 comments:

Isabel said...

I've only been to London once but oh do I miss it. :) I don't have any info other than studying abroad which is completely different from teaching, but I hope you find something awesome, whether it's in the UK or somewhere else. I don't think you can go wrong when it comes to opportunities in Europe!

Linda said...

Do I recognise the view from a certain castle?
It would be a fantastic experience - go for it! I have only taught in France, and even then just as part of my French degree ie I wasn't intending a career as a teacher, so it wasn't my main focus on my year abroad. But I LOVED the whole experience of becoming part of life in a different country. It will have so many spin-offs for the rest of your life, even if you just do a short stint. You'll be much wiser - you will appreciate your own country more, but also see that it's not perfect and that there are other legitimate world views. You will also know true kindness and generosity from the people you connect with.
And of course I'd love to meet you!

Bibi said...

Aww, man this would be so awesome for you to do! It's a great experience to teach abroad -- though I've never done it (I'm not a teacher) we did have an american teacher come to our school when I was still in Germany for a year. It was a great experience for us students, too, because we had to actually speak english to him (not German as you can with the rest of the teachers) and it forced us to use our vocabulary etc. I really enjoyed having him back in 8th grade.

I hope this helps you a little to see it from a student point of view ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...