Scottish Scones

07 December 2011


Two recipes in a row? This must be a record.

I call them biscuits (though they are a bit different) but I found a quick, simple recipe at The Wind and the Wellies for a nice breakfast and snack. Since we didn't have self-rising flour and I am a baking novice I used this 'how to' in order to create my own.

They were pretty good but I made them at 9pm at night and must say they were even better the next day! I snacked on them while doing some finals.

Ingredients:

2 cups of self rising flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup of milk


My directions:
Oven on at 400 degrees
Dust baking sheet with flour
Put dry ingredients in a large bowl together (flour and sugar)
Then rub in butter (you can use your hands to mix with the flour)
Slowly add cup of milk to ingredients
Mix until dough forms
Don't kneed! This will make scones harder, handle the dough as minimally as possible
Cut into shapes and put on baking sheet
Then pop in the oven until they are lightly brown (about 12 or so minutes)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Looks absolutely delicious! I must try. Just found your blog & I LOVEE it!

Isabel said...

Scones and jam sound so good right now. This looks amazing, I will have to attempt this soon. What an amazing breakfast to start the day with :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...