50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind (Set III)

18 January 2012

{image via}



  1. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton? Joyful simpleton, definitely. 
  2. Why are you, you? I've heard this question before and there's just no easy way to answer this. I'd say it's a combination of my experiences and beliefs, my reliability, my heart on my sleeve, my varying moods.... There's no way to answer this question in a year much less in this one space.... I'll have to continue thinking about it. 
  3. Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend? Sometimes? I've never been a bad friend, I just maybe am not as 'around' as I would like to be.  
  4. Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you? I haven't really experience the first one so I can't be sure. I think losing touch with a good friend who lives close may be worse because you have no excuse for why you lost that friendship but in that same turn if you could have kept contact better but you were forced to split up then that's tough.... summary: not sure. 
  5. What are you most grateful for? Easiest question ever. Noah Lizer has been the most caring person in my life and is my rock in everything I do.
  6. Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones? What a hard question! Your past memories make you who you are but you want to do things for the rest of your life that will be a part of you.  Neither isn't an option though.... At this stage in life I'd have to say lose my old memories. There are a lot of good things (like meeting Noah, having my mom, getting engaged) but I like to think that getting married and having kids will be the best times of my life. I wouldn't have kids if I couldn't remember who they are and to never have any new moments with Noah (that I could remember) would be crushing. Plus the positive in this is that I could forget the hard times and maybe move forward.
  7. Is is possible to know the truth without challenging it first? Yes, although it's unusual. For example, I know that Noah hasn't cheated on me and I don't need to go snooping around or asking him or every girl. It just a truth. Maybe that's just trust in an extreme. However, in at least 99% of life truth does need to be tested or else you're a sheep who just follows without ever exploring yourself. 
  8. Has your greatest fear ever come true? No. Thank goodness. Once I was afraid it would for a matter of seconds and it was terrifying. I think it was much harder in those five or six seconds than when I lost my mom (that was expected and while early, it is the cycle of life for a parent to be lost).
  9. Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset?  Does it really matter now? Five years ago? No. I was 17.... I may have been upset that my mom had a tumor but anything else was inconsequential. Now if you said four years ago, I think being mad that my dad started dating again within a month of her passing then yes because that altered the course of our relationship forever.
  10. What is your happiest childhood memory?  What makes it so special? Huh. I actually am a little stumped at this one. I've become so used to Noah being the happiest positive person, force, and making up my favorite memories that I haven't though about childhood for a long time. Also now all those memories are tainted by my displeasure with my father now and the sadness from the loss of my mom and it's just easier to not think about when I was happy then..... That being said, I think it may be any one of our trips to my grandparents' farm in Illinois. That week in the summers would always be spent with just my family, home-cooked meals, and petting the farm animals, taking eggs from chickens, and making copies of the coyote prints. I think of innocence, curiosity, and wonder when I think of the farm. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...