50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind (Set IV)

25 January 2012

{Image via Susan}



  1. At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive? I hate to say that I truly can't remember. I had a conversation with Noah recently about how I don't feel happy any more. I have little bursts but I feel sad, frustrated, or plain indifferent much of the time now. It actually worries me. I posted last April about this and I'm still feeling the same way. 
  2. If not now, then when? I wish now, but for nearly everything in my life at this point it will be THEN, meaning after I graduate (and likely after getting a job/paycheck).
  3. If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose? Nothing... people may talk a little bit but that's it... I'm not sure why I care so much about what other people say. Sometimes I think I sacrifice my happiness just to look like I'm doing the 'right things' all the time.
  4. Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever? Actually, not in a long time. I'm pretty much an open book but when it comes to that deep of a connection I only find a person maybe once every two years that I can manage it with. 
  5. Why do religions that support love cause so many wars? Because religion isn't always about love. Spirituality I think is more about love and people turn spirituality and thoughts into religion and make up a lot of specific rules that don't support love. While if we boiled them down (for example, Deuteronomy 6:5 love the lord your God with all your heart soul and mind) then the world would be a better place for it.... but instead we add in things like "stone your daughter", "if a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman..." or "women obey your husbands" and take it seriously today. Then people forget about loving and get caught up in the little rules. That's why I live my life trying to do the right things but not getting caught up in one religion or another.**
  6. Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil? Some things. Not everything. For example, no matter what rape will be evil but a lot of the time there is a huge gray area. For every day life, problems, and decisions there will be a lot of room to think about what is right and wrong and you just have to do the best you can.
  7. If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job? Well, as I don't have a job... no. I need to continue school to get one so I can't stop in the middle. Even if I had one I wouldn't quit. A million dollars is a lot of money but you still have lots of expenses. Plus, when I'm not doing something I get bored and when I get bored I get grouchy.
  8. Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing? More work that I enjoy doing! I just said that I don't like being bored. I thrive when I'm busy but get upset when it's pointless or frustrating work. Lots of work that I enjoy doing sounds perfect.
  9. Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before? Hah, yes.... that's because I have strong routines in my days though. 
  10. When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in? I honestly can't remember unless you count my fear of asking Noah on a date nearly seven years ago. I really didn't know what he would say but I liked him and believed we would do well together (although didn't know that it would work out quite so well). 
**Of course I do know that there are religious people who live their lives to the fullest and try to do the best by everyone. I know one man in particular that makes religion seem like it could solve the world's problems.... Not all religions (or individuals) are bad, but it does get tainted by some.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...