Time to catch up on my list of 101 goals. Looking back over the list I realize there are a few I need to cross off and a couple that I'm progressing on quickly. For more than a year now these goals have been little spots of light for me to strive towards and have suited me better than any New Years Resolution. Today I have one big goal looming ahead of me that I'm only just starting on... but more on that tomorrow.
1. Take a photo every day for a month. I've been making excellent progress on this so far in January. It's the 22nd and I've taken a photo each day since New Years. I'm definitely hoping to cross this one off my list by February.
9. Read 2 books a month. This goal is hard to complete when you're doing student teaching and finishing up a series where each book is 1,000 pages long. Almost done the final book though and will soon be able to move on to more!
14. Visit at least 3 museums in DC that I have not visited before. Noah and I did this about three weeks ago by visiting the Newseum. One down, two to go!
16. Eat at least 1 new food or at 1 new place a week. Two birds with one stone this week. Noah and I ate at a local joint called Las Chamas. It's a Venezuelan restaurant and we tried several new foods. My sister's boyfriend is half Venezuelan and suggested it to us!
44. Eat one fruit a day for at least a month. I'm not quite there yet on this goal but for the first time in a long time I'm eating fruit at least three or four days a week for lunch because I'm packing for work.
Yep, these are the goals that have been somewhat of a focus for me this past week. Next week I'm hoping to get a few more down that are very important.