50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind (Set V)

01 February 2012

{image via}



  1. If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today? Noah, my sister, my dad and grandparents. 
  2. Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous? No, not a chance! I'm well known for not caring about superficialities (to an extreme) and I hate limelight! I wouldn't even consider it.
  3. What is the difference between being alive and truly living? The difference between my life and the one I want to be living. For me that line lies somewhere with purpose, passion, spontaneity, and awareness. I feel that I am often going through the motions and am indifferent to the happenings around me. However, I am missing experiences. I don't seize the day at all and I have been working to change this about myself. I think we are all capable of truly living but we sometimes get sucked down into the day-to-day routines that build up our daily lives.
  4. When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right? I always consider consequences. I always do what's right as a result. I guess, as a personal answer I would say the way I spend my free time. It's kind of a wimpy answer, but I always feel too guilty about not doing necessary work to enjoy my free time but I also never really get all of my work done. I'm stuck in some boring limbo! I need to decide to do my work or else allow myself to truly enjoy my free time. 
  5. If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake? Because a mistake equates to failure for the most part and no one likes to fail. That's not to say we shouldn't try but if you fail a couple of times in a row you lose confidence in yourself and you're less likely to try again. Plus, oftentimes other people can hear of our mistakes and if they know it's even worse... I think that's why we are afraid to make mistakes.
  6. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you? I would have married Noah by now. I feel like I say this a lot... I'd have a small wedding or just elope over in Britain. I would have gotten engaged sooner too. I know logically that we are still young but I think I would have been happier to move forward with our relationship instead of constantly worrying about what other people think about our timeline. Maybe I would get married at 5 or 6 years instead of 7. 
  7. When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing? I don' t remember. I haven't stopped like that for a long time. Now that I'm thinking about it I may add it to my morning routine. 
  8. What do you love?  Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love? I love my fiance. I sure hope my actions show that. I think this is the one area in my life that I consistently excel in. We have tough times and arguments but they're short and we always work them out. I tell him every day I love him and I try to show it when I can. We make sure to kiss each other each morning and get plenty of cuddles in each night. I love to write Noah notes and pick up little things for him at the store. He is constantly on my mind.
  9. In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday?  What about the day before that?  Or the day before that? No, probably not, or at least no specifics. That just tells me even more that I need to seize the day.
  10. Decisions are being made right now.  The question is:  Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you? I'm making them most often but they are always based on others and the general perception of "what is right and proper". However, if I learned one thing about myself from doing these 50 questions it would be that I apparently have a problem with living my life for other people (or to avoid there condescension). Having this realization I hope to move forward with my life, living it the way I want. 
I hope you take the time to at least answer a few of the questions posted. They really can help you live and think about your life, your goals, and your loves. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...