Make Someone Else Smile: Write a Note

23 February 2012

{image via}

Today, think about a friend that you have who is going through a difficult time or someone who could use a chance to de-stress. 

Write a note to someone you love today to let them know that you are thankful they are in your life. Sometimes what a person needs to hear is an acknowledgement that they are going through a hard time, but that there are people who are rooting for them throughout it. 

Phrases like "I love you", "I know this is stressful/difficult but I have your back", or "If you need someone to talk to, think of me" are good. Depending on the person you could also offer to take their mind off things by taking them out for coffee or lunch. Usually talking about the issue is best so that the stress can be taken away, but then let loose and relax. Even if it's a five minute chat about pinterest that's fine, as long as there's something to take the thoughts away from the stressful ordeal. 

I'd love to hear about who you will write a note to!

4 comments:

Morgan said...

notes are the best. i'm always leaving people i love post-its everywhere!

Erin {pughs' news} said...

One of my dearest friends has just found out her mom has advanced bowel cancer and lymphoma. I've started a letter to her already and want her to know I'm here for her always. She'll be in town next week, and I'm looking forward to hugging her and taking her out for tea...

The new look is nice, Alli.

Laura Elaine said...

I think this post is amazing. I love it when I get just a text from someone telling me they are thinking about me :)

Anonymous said...

well ... i wanna write somethn 4 da person who is very sad ryt now .. n yea its me .... but i dont know wht to say ... just be patient aisha ... :) rdsma cluile

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...