Reasons to Smile

04 February 2012

{via}

I am soaking in this Saturday in all of it's glory! I still have a good amount of grading to complete before Monday along with lots of lesson plans and graduate work... but at least I got to sleep in right?
  • Noah and I can go out for dinner tonight
  • Successfully completed my first time teaching in a classroom by myself
  • Got a Heath Blizzard and got a free one for Noah
  • Finally printed of a Valentine's printable for the living room
  • Had coffee and have been browsing blogs all morning
  • I'm enjoying my new book, A Short History of Nearly Everything (if there are any other science teachers in the house I highly recommend it!)
  • We've had some gorgeous, sunny weather here lately
  • Valentine's Day is coming up and I look for an excuse for a date
  • We found a great new Thai restaurant in town
  • Job applications have officially begun!
There's a lot going on right now and I don't think any of it will slow down for a long while now. The biggest reason to smile for me though is that life is happening all around me. Every day is a step into the future - where I'll live, getting married, having a career.... It's kind of scary and magical all at the same time! 

I am enjoying my present more than ever too. I like grad school pretty well (minus the money spent traveling to work each morning without an income!). Sometimes I feel like I keep looking forward to the future instead of living in the moment, but now is good too. I just look forward to being a Mrs., getting a pup, and moving somewhere new!


2 comments:

Haley K said...

oh that photo give me butterflies :)

- And yay for a date tonight with your sweetheart! And on Valentine's Day :)
- heath blizzard...YUM
- and it's been sunny here too! chilly, but sunny...which made it perfect for our trip to the park today :)

I totally know how you feel with trying to enjoy the NOW instead of only looking forward to the future. Anticipating good things to come (like your wedding!:) is wonderful, but time goes by so quick and soaking up the little moments that make us happy now is so worth it :)

happy weekend alli!

xo
Haley

ms.composure said...

stumbled onto your blog and just wanted to show some blog luv! def enjoyed this post!

http://infinitelifefitness.com
http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...