Wedding Dress

21 February 2012


It's official! I now have my wedding dress and, it's true what they say, everything suddenly feels real. It is quite exciting to have this milestone under my belt! One of my bridesmaids went with me to Fairfax yesterday along with her mom and sister to buy the dress and pick out a bridesmaid dress as well. Her mom is like my mom. She has been with me for as long as I can remember and without my mom around to help me she is the person I want to have by my side. When I stepped out of the dressing room in my first dress (the dress) she started crying. That meant the world to me. I'm so fortunate to have people in my life that love me like she does.

Every girl deserves to feel special once in a while and she provides that for me. 

I'm so glad I could share this experience with people that I love, both in November and yesterday. I'm starting to get very excited!

When you bought a dress, did you feel like things were real? What type of material was your dress made from? 

6 comments:

Morgan said...

congratulations!!!!!
can't wait to see it

i'm sure it's lovely

Erin {pughs' news} said...

My dress was satin, but not the shiny kind. It was matte, and it was gorgeous. And from the second I put it on {after having tried at least a dozen others}, I knew.

I cna't wait to see yours!

Erin {pughs' news} said...

Oops. Typo in my first comment. I hate that!

bethany said...

I love that detail shot! :) EEEK! Congrats on getting a dress...that's so very exciting!

I totally agree that once you have a dress it feels real. I bought my dress within hours of Gabe and I deciding to switch our wedding and plan it in 8 weeks...because there wasn't time for the usual waiting period, I bought a sample and left with it that day.

It was crazy. And I think I cried all the way home. I was alone because of the whole surprise wedding situation, but my heart was thumping and I was so excited. :)

You're going to be a GORGEOUS bride. I cannot wait to see your dress when we get to see photos of the big day! :)

Oh, and my dress was swiss dot. I'd tried on at least 30 dresses...but it was the one for me!

Laura Elaine said...

Congratulations, I feel like you will be one beautiful, blushing bride!

http://laelaine.blogspot.com/

Linda said...

How wonderfully exciting!!! As you say, it all feels very real when you get to this stage.
My dress was ivory shot silk. 27 years ago this summer!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...