Mini-Adventures

05 March 2012

Maybe it's because I'm in grad school right now, but does it seem like lots of bloggers take big, fancy trips every couple of months or so? It feels like I read about someone going to Spain, Paris, Disney World, or Las Vegas every week! I'm always excited for people, but I'll be honest and say I get a teency bit jealous sometimes.


Being on a tight budget can be hard, but this weekend Noah and I went to see my sister in Williamsburg. This was nice because we had a place to stay for free and I could catch up with my sister about the current semester of graduate school.

Getting out of your habits can be a great way to relax and feel spontaneous. Explore a new town, pick out one new place to eat that fits your budget, and try to fit in as many outdoor [read: free] experiences as possible.

Here are some ideas for places you can visit:

  • Walk through a local neighborhood park
  • Go to your local SPCA and take some dogs on a walk
  • Visit a National Park
  • If you live near a college, walk the campus
  • Visit a nearby river, lake, or estuary and have a picnic

1 comment:

♥ Ka`ili said...

lovely! i'm always finding a way to save money and use that money elsewhere where it's really necessary. glad to hear you got to visit your sister :) have a great monday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...