Reasons to Smile: Sun Bathing and Reading

22 May 2012





Hello Instagram photos! After graduation we had two weeks of cloudy and rainy weather. It was such a downer for the first few weeks of summer! Then, suddenly, glorious sunbeams came out past the clouds about five days ago. My roommates and I have gone on runs, eaten outside, laid out by a friend's pool, and Noah and I have laid out reading on his Ninja Turtle Blanket from when he was a little kid. 

Of course, these things never last and today is overcast again (on a different note, sixth graders do not know the term "overcast"... I had to teach that vocabulary word...anyways....). It was wonderful outdoors with the warm sunlight. 

I'm plowing through books and am currently reading The Paris Wife. I'll be sure to do a review when I finish for you. Right now it's exactly what I need to be reading: a little romance, travel, and light-heartedness packed into a novel. Laying outside, reading, in a state of just-under-the-surface sleepiness has been perfection for me. Just the right amount of relaxation with inspiration. 

If you have some sun take a little time to get outside and relax. Make a reason to smile. If you have your own yard why not take out a glass of wine or lemonade, you know, your preference? 

2 comments:

Morgan said...

i've heard good things about The Paris Wife
can't wait to get my hands on it!

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

those are good reasons to smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...