To Win a Game

05 May 2012

{the fuzziest photo ever}

On our weekends we end up playing a lot of board games with friends or our roommates. This past weekend while playing I realized that I was playing to help Noah win. It wasn't as if I was absolutely sacrificing my game for this feat, I played to win too but it felt as though if either of us won I was winning. 

I'm not sure exactly when this happened.  I mean, it's just a board game.

First off, I've never been a very competitive person so I'm not a poor loser. I enjoy playing the game. However, somewhere in the timeline of our relationship it became more natural to be happy through finding happiness for my partner. It's as if I have the ability to find happiness through two avenues: my life and Noah's. If good things happen for him, I'm happy. If good things happen to me, I'm happy. It's like I have twice the chance of being happy. 

Sometimes life just seems easy.  While that feeling never lasts forever, I'm truly grateful for the days that it comes into my life.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...