Shower

12 June 2012







{my "second mother" and my future mother-in-law}


It is a wonderful feeling to be surrounded by people that you love and who care about you. On Sunday afternoon, my mom-who-isn't-my-mom or, as I call her, my "second mother" hosted a bridal shower at the church. We played a few games, had some good food, and opened the gifts from so many kind and supportive people. Is it strange to say this may be the event that made the wedding feel more real than anything else so far? Seeing all the women there to support me was great. 

Plus, an oddity I wasn't expecting, the gifts make the event more real too. Suddenly I can see our future home coming together and it sure is making me smile. We'll be living together, on our own, for the first time and we're really building our life and home in just a month and a half. It's an incredible feeling.

Reason to Smile: There are many people in my life who love and support me.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...