The Farm

08 October 2012

Growing up, my sister and I would go with my family for a week each summer to a farm in Illinois. My dad's side of the family had lived there for years and years. Then when my great aunt went to a nursing home my grandparents were the only ones left to take care of it... all the way from Virginia. They would travel out all summer and my nuclear family would go visit.

Some of my best childhood memories took place on that farm. But those are stories for a different day.

Now, each fall I go to a local place called Hill High and while it's not the same as my childhood farm, it's always a nice taste of the adventures we used to have.

This year Noah and I went with one of my best friends (and bridesmaids), her boyfriend, and my brother-in-law. We journeyed through an eight acre corn maze, enjoyed apple cider, picked out fudge, played on tractors, and pet the farm animals. It's one of my favorite fall activities!

I'll leave you with a few photos from the trip a week ago.









Do you have a favorite fall activity? Do you love city life or are you a country lover?

2 comments:

Ashley said...

What a fun childhood memory to have and relive in a new way! I wanted to go to a pumpkin patch this weekend, but it got SO cold! Hoping Josh can leave work early and we can go on E's first birthday! Have a GOOD week, my friend!!!

Erin {pughs' news} said...

I love an autumn trip to the farm! Am taking my first graders on a field trip this Tuesday to have a hay ride, choose a pumpkin from the pumpkin patch, and visit the animals. They are super excited, and I must admit... so am I!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...