Book Review: Ender's Game

18 December 2012

Quick View: 4/5 Stars

Summary: A young boy is picked to be the next military commander against the aliens that have previously attacked Earth. He is humanity's last hope for defeating the invasion. He trains on a computer, in the battle room, and takes turns being the underling and leading a troop. Will he be able to defeat the alien enemy? Or will the stress of his training break him down before he even has a chance?

My Thoughts: I enjoyed Ender's Game. It's definitely shorter than my normal picks for reading, but that made it all the more enjoyable for me during this season. I love the bigger thoughts about government, self-sacrifice, and the idea of the "greater good" mentality. I found some plot points to be a bit predictable but the character build up was great considering the length of the novel and the scenario was intriguing.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...