Blast From the Past: Garden of the Gods

28 January 2013








In 2006 my family traveled out West through several states. One of the sites we stopped at was the Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs. This area is beautiful in a way that is very different from my East Coast havens. Rock formations jut out from the ground sharply and the vegetation has a dull green, spiky look to it. It has a very unique feeling. While touring the park we saw several rock climbers navigating rough terrain with their harnesses and several families like us, driving around and taking it all in. I'd love to go back one day and explore again with my knowledge of geology now because it would give me a whole new appreciation of the sights out West. 

Have you ever been to the Garden of the Gods? What did you think?


1 comment:

Kay said...

What fantastic rock formations. That's would be a great photo op place for me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...