Lands Run Falls Hike

24 January 2013









This past Sunday was spent up in the mountains in Virginia enjoying scenic views, hiking, and scouting waterfalls. I met up with my friend, Allison, from Harrisonburg and we ate lunch at Ledo's Pizza in Front Royal followed by a quick hike on Skyline Drive.

Shenandoah National Park may be my favorite place on Earth... Bethany Beach may tie it though. They each have such strong memories for me that I go to those places to find comfort and adventure.

Skyline Drive is where my dad used to take my sister, uncle, and me on Black Friday. We often hiked up to Mary's Rock.

On Sunday our little group did a 1.3 mile hike straight downhill to the falls then followed the trail 1.3 miles back up a steep grade. Oh man were my legs feeling it on Monday!

I am sitting here and still can hardly believe we got two hikes in during one weekend. Plus I got a few things marked of my 101 in 1001 list. Hope you're having a great week thus far!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...