Venezuelan Arepas

03 January 2013



My sister's fiance, Ryan, was born in Venezuela and has a family full of South American traditions. One that my sister has grown fond of is making arepas for breakfast. When I stayed with Ryan's family last summer his dad broke out their arepas maker (a common sight in their household) and made me a few on a Saturday morning.

This Christmas my sister got me an arepas maker so that Noah and I could enjoy a few now and then. She was so thoughtful that she also gave me the corn flower and cheese to add some flavor.

All you need is some corn flour, water, and salt! Ta-da, you're done!

2 1/2 cups of water
2 cups of corn flour (P.A.N.)
1 teaspoon salt

Combine, knead, then bake in your arepas maker for 15 minutes.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...