The Journey

03 March 2013


{via}

At 23 years old I already recognize that there is much for me still to learn about life. More than ever I realize how little I know in comparison to the scheme of the world. Yet I know enough to make this realization.

You see, for a long time I thought that the next stage would be when I was truly happy, when I got married, when I graduated, when I would start my career, or own a dog. Every time something good happened I decided that there must be something more coming, something better and something bigger.

Already I’m realizing the truth of the quote “It’s not about the destination, it’s about the journey”. Growing up this saying seemed like a cop out for people who couldn’t every reach their goals. Now I see myself in the saying - even when you reach that achievement you wind up looking back and missing your purpose and passion in getting there. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...