Strawberry Festival in Delaplane

27 May 2013








On Saturday I went out with my sister, her fiance, and my husband to a Strawberry Festival in Delaplane Virginia. I personally think the best part of the festival was purely the location between the low, rolling mountains.  Mountain vistas everywhere! 

The Shenandoah Valley truly is my home. The celebrations here over the weekend were a lot of fun to go out and enjoy. At the Strawberry festival we bought strawberry sundaes and a basket of strawberries. We walked the park, listened to country music, watched kids do sack races, and asked some questions to a conservation group about red-tailed hawks. 

I really enjoy getting to experience little cultural events in rural areas, it reminds me of my time in Harrisonburg. What did you do over Memorial Day weekend?

2 comments:

Erin {pughs' news} said...

I love that last photo. Perfection!

Alanah. said...

Looks like amazing countryside!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...