The Big V

01 February 2014


Valentine's Day is around the corner and I can't quite decide how I feel about the day. I love the idea of it. I like taking a day to really focus on your partner and dedicate time to them. Heck, I like the pink and red decorations and all the hearts that abound. If only we could maintain that spirit throughout the year.

Gifts are a great way to show people you care, but I'm of the belief that simple is best. Time put into a craft or project mean much more to me that a showboat of money. Little hearts with chocolates that cost a dollar make me squirm with delight. Sincere, cute, and funny valentines make my heart soar.

The other aspect of love that Valentine's Day is totally missing out on is the love of friendship and family. I love a lot of people in a lot of different ways and there really needs to be an acceptable holiday celebration of this. I want to give my friends little notes and gifts because they make a huge difference in my life. So here are some ways to celebrate with friends that I'm looking forward to:

  • lunch with friends
  • Valentine's Day party
  • valentines cards for girlfriends
  • make them a paper rose bouquet
  • bake holiday cookies for each girl or mom in your life

1 comment:

Sarah Nicole said...

I completely agree! My husband and I usually spend money on an activity together instead of a gift. We went to see one of our favorite comedians a few years ago and this year we went to the circus! On Valentine's Day we normally exchange cards and favorite candies. It's more about being together than anything else!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...