Granny

03 March 2014






A week ago today we got the news that my granny passed away. After Christmas she was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and had been moving downhill at a rather alarming rate. After her funeral on Friday the family gathered at my grandpa's house and talked about some old memories and I wanted to share a few here.

When I was a little kid, my grandparents owned a farm in Illinois. My family would travel out there for a week each summer and feed the cows, bulls, and pigs and play with the farm cat. Granny loved the animals and always has.

Every time we left her home at the end of their circle, granny and grandpa would come out and do a special wave to say goodbye.

Granny also was very supportive and sent a lot of wisecracks across different generations of the family.

It hasn't quite sunk in yet that she's gone and I'm sad when I think about my grandpa and losing his wife of more than sixty years. It's hard to go through loss, yet I am so glad that she had so many years with her family and friends.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...