Spring

10 March 2014


Spring has so many positive connotations for me. It's the season of regrowth, of lingering light, and hope. More so than January even, I view spring as a fresh slate and it reminds me of all the things I want to do with my life after a winter cooped up indoors.

It's funny to me... growing up I thought I hated the outdoors. I always wished I was an outdoor person because they seemed to have so many adventures. Yet, at 24, I realize that I am so in love with nature that I question why I thought I didn't. I've come to the conclusion that growing up in the country meant that much of my outdoor time as a kid was doing chores. Cutting and splitting wood isn't as majestic as sitting on a mountaintop. Of course, as everyone told me I would, I have an appreciation for that time now.

So, here's my seasonal bucket list. I feel a nervous excitement just thinking about it all.
  • Hike Old Rag (and prove Mary's Rock is just as awesome)
  • Get a group of friends to go camping once a moth
  • Host a picnic for the church at the lake house
  • Cookouts on the porch once a week
  • Take Odin to the dog park twice a week
  • Taste Honeysuckle
  • Catch fireflies
  • Fly a kite
The daylight is lasting until just past 7pm now and that is SO EXCITING. Are you a summer person? Do you have any goals for the warm season coming up? 

2 comments:

Claire said...

I love the Spring, I think it may be my favourite time of year, got my bicycle out yesterday to go to work and cycled along the prom today :)
Thanks for the comment on my photo, I will post some more soon, I'm certainly no expert, but any advice I can give I will! The boys have a big gig in April so I'm going to do some homework on the whole photographing a band thing lol

Yelle said...

honeysuckle! i used to have a honeysuckle bush at my house in new york, but down here in florida i haven't come across any. just the smell makes me so nostalgic!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...