Harry Potter World

01 April 2014

...via iPhone










So, yes, I am still trying to convince myself that I'm fine not having my D40's pics any more... but let's be honest and say that it still really sucks to lose pictures from my trip to a place that I actually had on my bucket list. But, moving past that....

Harry Potter World was amazing. As a lifelong Potter-addict, it was so exciting to be there. I'd be lying if I said I didn't tear up a little bit when walking through Hogsmeade. Yes, I'm that geeky about it. 

Favorite things:
-Buying a wand (yes I have a wand now!!)
-The Forbidden Journey through Hogwarts Castle
-The atmosphere and scenery
-Going to the bathroom and having them styled with Moaning Myrtle talking to you

Things that are over-hyped:
-Butterbeer (it's good, but it's basically just cream soda... not as special as a lot of people make it out to be)
-Ollivander's. Buying a wand is cool, but waiting 45 minutes to see a three minute show is NOT. 

I think I would have been happy to sit in HP World all day but alas we toured through all of universal. I really liked the Marvel character area too. I like the x-men. I even had a picture with Rogue, my mother-in-law, and Wolverine but that's gone too. I'd like to remember acting goofy with them forever though. ;) 

All-in-all, Universal isn't quite as magical as Disney Land (I like the commitment from the employees in the animal kingdom), but the rides are more fun and you get many different atmospheres/feelings in Universal that you don't get in just one park at Disney. 

If you're a Harry Potter fan, you definitely need to get your booty down to Orlando one day!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...