Homes

30 May 2014

{The day we moved into our townhouse.}

What makes a house a home? Lately I've been looking at a lot of home renovation websites after Noah and I decided that we'd buy a home this summer. Since I'm going back to school we're living off of just Noah's salary for the next four years. It's a huge commitment. As a result, I'm trying to look at lots of DIY videos (on a budget) that can help you fix up your home.

When we were in college and hosted game nights all of our friends would come over and say how much our place felt like a home instead of like a college apartment. I think there were two things that made it feel this way. 1) Our group was cohesive. Instead of the common area being a blank, industrial canvas with people sticking in their rooms, the main area felt lived in. 2) The decorations reminded them of their childhood homes - pictures had frames for God's sake. There were no posters tacked up with push pins in our place.

Now, as we are becoming the nucleus of our families - the middle ground - for lots of groups of people I want our home to feel as welcoming to them as our college apartment did to our friends.

So, here's to a productive summer! When pharmacy school starts in the fall I'm hoping to be a central hub for lots of people and that means I've got to get my butt in gear this summer.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...