Relaxation

31 July 2014


Natalie, from The SoHo, did a photo project about relaxation. That got me thinking; I haven't relaxed enough lately. First of all, I think figuring out what relaxes you is more difficult than you might think.

We always see pictures of beaches, tea, and blankets. And, yeah, those things are very relaxing. So I guess I feel like there are two ways of relaxing.

The first way is that cozy one, where you're bundled up by the fireplace reading a good book. That's certainly relaxing. 

If you're like me though, you don't feel like your life is complete unless you're busy. So, how do you balance those two worlds? Try to figure out a way to be busy that you find satisfying or that you're passionate about. Then when you look back on your day you feel satisfied, and relaxed, knowing that you had a day you enjoyed. That's what I consider the second way to relax. 

Of course you can always have a few margaritas or something to help you along on your way to relaxing but we just won't go down that road. 

Here are some things that relax me and they combine elements from each list, both active and passive:
  • Laying down and reading under the covers
  • Drinking tea while sitting on the back deck
  • Taking Odin out - especially to classes or the dog park
  • Editing photos
  • Volunteering
  • Reading blogs
  • Hiking
  • Kayaking
  • Making/Crafting (mostly kiddie crafts because I'm not good enough for "grown up" projects)
  • Looking at photos of dogs/homes
What things do you do to help you relax? Do you prefer to be busy and moving all the time? Or would you rather stay low key and calm? 

1 comment:

Sally Tharpe Rowles said...

I share a lot of your same ones but curling up with a good book is definitely at the top of the list!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...