Des Moines

21 August 2014





We had a good time and a jam-packed weekend in Iowa. I was honestly surprised at how much I enjoyed the city. Compared to cities on the east coast that I've been too (such as Baltimore, DC, Charleston, Charlotte, etc.) this city was kind of remarkable... mostly in that there was never traffic, you felt like you could have been the only person in the city, you feel safe, and there is still tons to do!

My favorite things about the city of Des Moines:

  • Very bike friendly
  • Two rivers run through it
  • Lots of museums, arts, and centers
  • Plenty of local restaurants
  • A modern, young, hip feel (very similar to Richmond, Virginia)
If you ever get the chance, stop by Des Moines because I think it could surprise you.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...