50 Questions Part 2 (Round 2)

04 September 2014


  1. You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire.  They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend.  The criticism is distasteful and unjustified.  What do you do? Tastefully say I disagree and point out good qualities. I wouldn't be embarrassed to admit it if someone was a friend and, since I believe my friends are good people, I would say why I think she is a good friend.
  2. If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be? Be yourself and stand up for what you believe in. What others think of you may seem important, but when you have strong values and live by them that shows through. Be courageous, be social, interact with the world as much as you can.
  3. Would you break the law to save a loved one? Depends on the law, but almost certainly yes. I'm such a "lawful good" person that it'd be very hard for me, but if saved a life then probably.
  4. Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity? Nope. Sorry, this one still just strikes me as a little odd. You can be both insane AND creative but I think that's obvious immediately. Never have I seen something go from being only insane and then turn to creative. 
  5. What’s something you know you do differently than most people? Live my life. I never got hung up on other people's opinions too much, never went through a heavy make up phase or a binge drinking time in college. I have always found fulfillment in doing activities and sharing experiences. Others experience that same fulfillment but I honestly believe most people my age are still coming to terms with living life for themselves. 
  6. How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy? Well what fun would that be?! I mean, it might be easier sometimes because we could all agree, but there need to be differences in the world so that we can function. Fortunately, there are people in the world who do enjoy teaching middle school. God knows it wasn't me! I'm glad there are people who can take on the roles I wouldn't be happy with and I'd like to think they feel the same way about me. 
  7. What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What's holding you back? I want to go to travel more. It's a mix right now of time and money. You can't take off from a school program without delaying your graduation and I just took out big ($$$) loans so it'd be irresponsible of me to spend money on a big travel tour around Europe or flying to Yosemite. You could call them excuses, but I call it finding a balance. Just like you need a balance of work and life, you need a balance of spontaneity and responsibility too. I like to think that once you start working you could take off a little more time (or at least have more money), though I'm sure it won't be easy then either. 
  8. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of? Yes. I guess. I don't want to let go of it.
  9. If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why? State - South Carolina (for Charleston) or Colorado/Wyoming area. They are both beautiful for different reasons. Country - Scotland. I could move to Edinburgh and stay in that glorious city.
  10. Do you push the elevator button more than once?  Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster? Not usually. No, I don't think it makes the elevator move faster, but it mentally makes you feel like you're doing something. And that is somewhat satisfying on its own. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...