50 Questions Part 3 (Round 2)

07 September 2014


  1. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton? Joyful simpleton. I know this is the same answer I said a few years ago... and maybe I'm making too rash of a decision, but I think it's right. I really, really value my intelligence and ability to get through life with ease but the key word is "joyful". I'm already tired of worrying and I'm only 25. Just living life and being joyful sounds like a blessing. 
  2. Why are you, you? I'm me because of my surrounding circumstances, my life experiences, and my genetics. That's what set me up to be the person that I am. Now if you're asking what makes me "unique" or at least uniquely me, then that's a little tougher. 
  3. Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend? Sometimes? To most people. I guess I'm the kind of friend that a person in a relationship would want, but not necessarily my single/student friends. I'm available at school and I'm down to try new things, but I feel a commitment to my family, dog, home, etc. that means I am not going to be out at a friends every night. I do care about my friends, I respond to questions, I plan events, and I think about what would be the best course of action to gain a net positive outcome for the group. So, all in all, yes I do think so. 
  4. Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you? When a good friend moves away. A lot of my friendships are based on being able to do things and talking through our feelings. You can still talk from a distance, but it's hard to develop new shared experiences that make a relationship tighter. If you have a friend near you that you stop talking to, I guess I wonder whether you were really that good of friends to begin with. 
  5. What are you most grateful for? My dog. My relatively good health.
  6. Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones? Lose old memories. Let go of things, start fresh. If you can't make new memories there's really no point in living because you will never grow or find a true satisfaction in the things you experience. 
  7. Is is possible to know the truth without challenging it first? No. You may have heard the truth but you won't KNOW for sure unless you really try to test it. That doesn't mean you can't take things on faith sometimes, but you're trusting the source of information to have determined that it is true before passing it on to you.
  8. Has your greatest fear ever come true? No. 
  9. Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset?  Does it really matter now? No, at least not an individual time beyond maybe a few family-related events. Some matter and some d0n't. Sometimes it's just that those little arguments really add up or that someone really hurt you and you're not sure how to reconcile that... Yet, as a general rule, no, you don't remember the arguments. It sounds so easy to let go of those disagreements yet somehow it still is a challenge. This is probably similar to the "count to 10" method. Always counting before you respond in anger or an emotional state. I'm not good at that either. I don't feel satisfied unless I lash out at someone after I've been hurt. It's not fair to the other person or me. It's something I need to work on. 
  10. What is your happiest childhood memory?  What makes it so special? Going to the farm and feeding cows. My entire family was there and I always remember being happy at the farm. Being in a new place, feeding animals, and just having such carefree days... I hope I can always recall some of that feeling. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...